Technology Celebration Evening
HAYLEY’S WINNING FUTURE CHEF DESSERT
TRY YOUR HAND AT MAKING HAYLEY’S SHOW-STOPPING DISH
RICH AND INDULGENT DARK CHOCOLATE BAVAROIS, WITH CRUSHED RASPBERRY CREAM AND BROKEN PISTACHIO PIECES
- Place the chocolate and milk together in a bain marie over a low heat until the chocolate has melted.
- Add the egg yolks and whisk for 2 minutes on a low heat.
- Then, add the gelatine, stir gently and leave the mixture to stand for 5 minutes. Whip the cream whilst waiting and grease 4 moulds or ramekins, before lining them with cling film,
- Carefully pour the mixture through a fine sieve, before folding the cream into the mixture.
- Place the chocolate mixture into moulds and place in the fridge for 2 hours to set.
- Whilst the bavarois are setting, whip the remaining cream, crush the raspberries with a fork and fold the two together.
- In a clean bowl, smash the pistachios using the end of a rolling pin.
- The dish is now ready to be assembled – Carefully plate up the bavarois with the remaining raspberry on top.
- Using two table spoons, place a quenelle of raspberry cream onto the plate.
- Sprinkle the plate with crushed pistachios, before dusting with cocoa powder.
180ml semi-skimmed milk,
100g dark chocolate,
1 ½ egg yolks,
3g leaf gelatine,
90ml double cream,
(for the bavarois)
60g of raspberries,
100ml double cream,
(for the raspberry cream)
10g cocoa powder,