A Level Exam SuccessBack to News
Richard Lord, Head Teacher of the Deepings School, hailed another set of impressive A’ Level examination results achieved by students this year.
The indicative headline figures are as follows:
A* - C: 67%
A* - B: 33%
Overall Pass Rate: 97%
Amongst this year’s highest achieving students were:
- Bryony Hickson: Geography A*, Chemistry A, Mathematics A
- Jessica Silk: Psychology A*, Sociology A*, Business B, Extended Project Qualification C
- Jonathan Allen: Biology A, Chemistry A, Mathematics A
- Alex Heatley: Biology A, Chemistry A, History A
- Imogen Thorpe: Biology A, Chemistry A
- Megan Burkitt: History A, Sociology A, Psychology B, Extended Project Qualification A
- Thomas Russell: Sociology A, Physical Education BTEC Dist*, History B
- Meredith Sawyers: Art A*, Drama B, English Literature B
- Emma Gibbs: Psychology A, Geography B, Mathematics B
- Thomas Brittain: Geography B, Physical Education B, Psychology B, Extended Project Qualification A
Students who made the most progress since their GCSE examination results included Jessica Silk, Imogen Thorpe, Meredith Sawyers, Adam Jackson, Joseph Fane and Alex Heatley.
Mr Smith, Assistant Head Teacher with responsibility for the Sixth Form, added “It is with a great sense of pride that we recognise the hard work of the Year 13 students in achieving a strong set of results that will enable them to pursue their aspirations in the future. The fact that so many of our students have performed so well is testament to their commitment and desire to realise their potential.
Whilst a number of our students will be starting apprenticeships imminently, the majority of our Year 13 students are going to their first choice university, including universities as far afield as Durham, Bath, Loughborough and Nottingham.
Head Boy, Alex Heatley, was delighted with his results and commented ‘After 7 years the Deepings School journey is finally over, and I am ecstatic to have achieved the results I have. I firmly believe the opportunities and support I received at this school have allowed me to achieve so well. I am now delighted to be going to the university of Bath to study Biochemistry’.
Jess Silk was thrilled with her grades and added ‘I am delighted to have achieved such great results at The Deepings School. I am grateful for the opportunities I have had and am excited to move on to the next chapter of my life, studying Psychology at university.
Mr Lord commented “These examination results maintain the trend of excellent academic performance at the Deepings Sixth Form. We wish all of our outgoing students the very best for the future and look forward to celebrating with them at their Presentation Evening on 13th September.’